Pages

Monday, March 15, 2010

Congrats Manny Pacquiao

Has anyone of my lady blogger buddies been interested in boxing? I bet I am the only one boxing fanatic here. I guess this topic is for the macho men this time, then.

I actually had to ask my neighbor about the date of the fight of Manny and Joshua Clottey. I do not have a cable television at home since I seldom watch television anyway. I used my television to watch movies with its team member my dvd player. Internet is my good source for local and international news. Before the fight was shown at our laden with ads local television network, it was delayed telecast. I already saw on yahoo Manny won. Philippines time is around 13 hours ahead of Texas. The bout was held at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington Texas, March 13, 2010, with an estimated 51,000 throng.

Of course I would like to see the real actions on the ring just like the many fights of Manny with great boxers. To name some I happened to watched were those fights with Juan Manuel Marquez, Oscar de la Hoya, Ricky Hatton and Miguel Cotto. The most memorable fight I had watched Manny on the ring was his bout with the Mexican boxer Juan Manuel Marquez. Manny was hit accidentally on his eyebrow, with blood oozing on his face that half blinded him, he lost to Marquez. Marquez was favored by technical scoring slightly ahead of that of Manny by a point. Manny did not surrender to Marquez despite the discomfort. It made me admired the guy. I was not very happy when Manny knocked out Ricky Hatton on the second round, in Las Vegas Nevada, thinking it was too soon. I was not done with the bag of potato chips when it happened.

Oscar de la Hoya is a good boxer but during the fight Manny was very much in good condition learning from his lost to Juan Miguel Marquez. Manny was too fast that gave the advantage over de la Hoya who is taller and has longer limbs. I admire Miguel Cotto for holding on to the fight, a very strong fighter. Had the referee did not come to the rescue he would have been knocked out getting a hard punch from Manny. Joshua Clottey played dirty on the ring. He had been stepping on Manny toes, hugged Manny while pummeling him hard. Clottey employed more disgusting tactics, head-butting Manny. It reminded me of Mike Tyson biting the ear of Evander Holleyfield when Holeyfield tried to head-but Mike Tyson. The worst, Clottey hit Manny below the belt. Manny is no privy to all of these dirty tricks, though.

Hey Joshua, fight clean, okay? We knew you have a good defense by hiding your face to avoid getting knockout. But to be a good defender does not entitle you to win. Fight as a man and stop those childish and unprofessional tricks of yours. You are lucky you were not penalized, but the world had eyes on you. Manny deserved the winning because he fights with honor and dignity, as a man.

Belated happy birthday coach Freddie Roach. Not bad to celebrate your March 5th birthday. Thank you for taking care of our finest athlete. Manny Pacquiao, you are the greatest! You fight well, very professional. Thank you for making us proud of ourselves as Filipinos.

Share

No comments:

My blog list. What they are blogging about. ♥