Pages

Sunday, March 28, 2010

A Dream Fulfilled

Today, March 27 at 4pm, my niece, the only child of my sister marched on her graduation robe at their school campus. She took Digital Illustration and Animation course at Ateneo University. The whole family is rejoicing for her. We know the course is not an easy one. My sister would tell me my niece and her classmates would even stay overnight in school just to finish their projects.

I guess for now she deserves a vacation before she decides to join the other graduates for job hunting. For the time being, she could enjoy reading her novel pocket books. Last Christmas 2009, I gave her the complete series of Artemis Fowls of by Eoin Colfer. She had set them aside for a while being busy with her studies.

HAPPY GRADUATION! MY CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU! ♥

I am glad the dream of my father is being followed by our younger generation. My father dreamed of being a lawyer despite his brilliance in Mathematics. His father passed away when he was six years old. He was barred by his mother from going to school he had to work for a living for his mother and sister. My father was determined to learn. He enrolled in their local school without the knowledge of my grandmother until he finished his elementary grade.

My father dreamed of sending his four children to college but his limited income prevented him. Determined to finish our college education, my siblings and I studied and worked at the same time until we had our college diploma. We finished longer than our four years college course but it did not matter. We had the dream of our father fulfilled. My father was in tears clutching a newspaper. That was when he saw the name of his favorite son our youngest brother, passed the Electrical Engineering licensure examination.

Earth hour was celebrated with great joy in the Philippines. There were candle light concerts in various shopping malls. Actually, I almost forget it. I just read the message of my youngest brother on Facebook greeting my niece. I read some of his posts to some friends mentioning the Earth Hour. Golly! My brain is really fully booked these days.

4 comments:

sudhi said...

nice post.....happy for ur niece and father....

Unknown said...

Congrats! I am also a great fan of digital arts and animation. I love sketching and I am also planning my future in this field.

etomyam said...

congratulation to her..wish all the best for her

JollyPrincess said...

Thank you guys for your comments on this post. My niece was so happy seeing them.

My blog list. What they are blogging about. ♥