Pages

Saturday, April 27, 2019

Latest Update

Year 2018 has not been bad it is just that I have been busy about work and attending to my small space. I started this blog way back in January of 2008 when I was just renting a room for myself. Soon after my niece, my sis daughter, an only child graduated in college. My sister and I decided to let her come to Manila for better opportunity. My sis and my brother in law live in the province, an eight hour drive from Manila.
Living room
Likewise at the time, my sis in law, wife of my brother advised to let me also take in with me my nephew. My nephew and my niece get along too well as they have been best friends way back when they were kids. My brother would take my nephew to the house of my sister during school vacation. The first apartment I found where the three of us started sharing was not very conducive to live with. The landlord used to asked for cash advances. There were times he failed to pay the electricity and water bills. It was a not a good experience.

Dining and kitchen
After three months of enduring the situation I decided to move to another apartment. It was better than the first one. It was an old building though. We stayed for two years. I did not renew the contract anymore on the second apartment after two years. Reason, we were on the second level of the building. The roof began to leak on rainy days. Fearing that my hard earned appliances would be damaged. I decided to move again.
I searched online. Determined to look for a much better place. I got lucky for the third time. The place was small space. A condo where I feel safer due to twenty four hours security guards and CCTVs. It was a bit expensive compared to the previous apartments but safer and convenient to rides twenty four seven. My nephew finally married his girlfriend. Now it is myself and my niece who share the rent and utilities.

I am unable to buy the place. I do not have the budget. As long as my landlord is happy to have us as tenants. My niece and will stay. More about the place aside from accessible to rides, security and amenities. There are two walking distance hospitals, supermarket, banks. A twenty four hours drugs store, fast food and convenient stores.

From a small room to where I am now. Aside from my work at night. Yes, I work at night being with BPO industry. It makes me busy attending to my small space and a surrogate mom to my niece. Busy, but happy. I may not own the place. But it is a place I could call my home.

2 comments:

John's Island said...

Hello Jolly Princess! It is great to see your update and see your new place. Your new place looks cozy and comfortable. You are smart the way you selected your new location with quick access to hospital, supermarket, bank, drug store, and food stores. And your new landlord sounds good too! How are things in Manila? I am looking forward to more posts from you soon and tell us more about news from Jolly Princess. I am delighted to see your comment on my blog this morning. Thank you! Kind regards to you and your niece! Have a great weekend! John

Khaye said...

NICE BLOG. I LOVE IT!

My blog list. What they are blogging about. ♥