Pages

Friday, February 08, 2008

Kung Hei Fat Choi

Yesterday night at work, we received e-mail message that this coming Friday February 8, we should wear Chinese costume. In the absence of a Chinese costume we could wear something red. I thought that was fun. The thing is, I do not want to come to work wearing my pajama since it is the only Chinese looking clothes I have. The second option works best for me. Red is my favourite colour. I got plenty of t-shirt blouses in my drawer, that saves me from going to the mall for something to wear at a one night affair.

The e-mail also mentioned we have to decorate our stations for the night celebration of the Chinese New Year. Before leaving the office this morning I noticed some Chinese lanterns hanging at some of the stations of the other teams. I guess it will really be a festive mood on Friday night. I do hope Our Chinese Office Manager we fondly called Dragon Lady, would have some give-away for all of us of at least a box of “tikoy” each. How about some tea and moon cakes to go with the occasion?

Among the early settlers in the Philippines, the Chinese had won the hearts of many Filipinos. Chinese are family oriented, hard working, and business minded. These are the character traits most Filipinos had admired in them. Except for a few, most Chinese who made it big in the Philippine business sectors started out from humble beginnings. The product of their patience and positive attitude, paved the way for health care and services, banks, shopping malls, fast food changes and many more that continued to generate jobs and job opportunities for the Filipinos.

To all our Chinese and Filipino-Chinese compatriots -

Kung Hei Fat Choi!

No comments:

My blog list. What they are blogging about. ♥