Pages

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Ample Pineapple

My Dearest Princess,

Thank you for your interest, want to get to know more about me? Well, just read on so you would know what I am.

I belong to the bromeliad family, Ananas Comosus. I am native to Central and South America. I had existed long before you were born. In the absence of cameras in the early centuries they had carved my image in a piece of wood or sculptured in a stone to symbolize hospitality. To some, I maybe unfriendly due to my sword like leaves with tiny thorns in them but do not let my appearance deceive you. I have been popular in the earlier era not only because of my unique appearance and sweet tasting fruits. But likewise, I had been a medicinal plant among the natives who had continuously taken care of me. The presence of bromelain in my fruits and more on my stems was found to have many uses.

I know you like my fruit as toppings on your favourite pizza that goes with my fresh juice. I am sure you consider your fruit salad blunt without my fruit. But there is one more secret your mom has not told you. Did you know bromelain is a great help to her in the kitchen to tenderize meat when you are in a hurry to eat your favourite dish? Oh, wait … read on. There is more…

Medically, as the modern technology progressed. My bromelain has been used in wide array of medical conditions. Bromelain is an anti inflammatory agent that had helped a lot in the recovery of sports injury, trauma, arthritis, and other kinds of swelling, digestive problems, sinusitis and aided in healing after surgery. Bromelain is also beneficial for phlebitis. Phlebitis is inflammation of a vein. The cause of the inflammation may be related to injury of the vein or infection. Bromelain reduces painful symptoms of varicose veins. It has blood thinning characteristics that is considered helpful to those who had suffered from blood clots or hematoma.

To refresh your memory you had visited your grandpa last month. The visit was not to play with his favourite puppy. You were told he just got out of the hospital due to atheromatous aorta that had caused his hypertension. Atheromatous Aorta means he has some plaque on his aorta that could be due to his eating fatty foods. Plaque is a deposit of fatty material on the inner lining of an arterial wall. These fats could cause constriction of the artery, hindering better blood flow. Bromelain could help breakdown atherosclerotic plaques to enable better blood flow. I mentioned it has blood thinning characteristics. Bromelain has anti-clotting activity that is useful in preventing strokes. It maintains healthy heart tissues, thereby reducing the risk of stroke by its anti-inflammatory activity.

You had once consulted your doc and you were advised you had hay fever. Hay fever is an allergic condition affecting the mucous membranes of the upper respiratory tract and the eyes. It is characterized by nasal discharge, sneezing, and itchy, watery eyes. This is usually caused by an abnormal sensitivity to airborne pollen. I am glad to let you know bromelain could help you combat your allergic attack. Yes, it is loaded with vitamin C to keep your body healthy and strong. And do not forget, it promotes healthy skin.

So, my dearest friend, I have already introduced some of my health benefits. As the science progressed, there could possibly be more, that might be discovered out of me. For sure I will keep you posted of further developments. And because I can bear fruits all year round. Rest assured I will be here for you… always.

Amply yours,
Pineapple

No comments:

My blog list. What they are blogging about. ♥