Pages

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Some Health Benefits of Coffee

When you are working at night your best defense to avoid falling asleep is to drink coffee. Some would discourage you because of the harmful effects of coffee in your body. I would say anything taken in excess is bad for the body. While it is true that coffee could increase palpitations for people who have heart ailments. Rapid pulse rate causes rapid pumping of blood to the body. Coffee is not good for those with kidney problem due to caffeine. Caffeine is converted to uric acid which is excreted through the kidneys. Excess uric acid causes kidney stone.

Are you done maligning my favorite drink? Let us take a look at what I found out about my favorite morning and nightly drink. Or, anytime of the day I feel like taking a cup. Have you ever tried cold coffee drinks by the way? Try it coffee drinkers you will love it.

I have migraine way back since I was a teenager. I found the medicines my doctor gave me Ergotamine Tartrate to have caffeine. Before, I could buy the medicine as out of the counter drug, meaning no doctor prescription is needed. Philippine Food and Drug changed it to a prescription drug. No problem. The doc can save the effort of his chicken run prescription on his note pad.  I do not need a prescription from him anymore. Strong coffee is my substitute whenever my migraine would miss me once in a while. I have an asthmatic friend. One time, he forgot to buy his medicine. I sent him text message to his phone to try half cup of strong coffee. He was very much thankful to me for the idea. Now he knows.

Coffee increases insulin sensitivity and glucose metabolism that reduces diabetic risk. Studies also show coffee drinkers are less likely to develop Parkinson disease, colon cancer, gall stones and could prevent cavities. Coffee enhances athletic endurance and energy booster. Your doctor may not prescribe coffee but there is no harm in trying. Just do not take them more than you can tolerate. I do not want you to become insomniac.

Share

1 comment:

Unknown said...

really a good post on COFFEE,i was deliberately waiting for those who will post on coffee,u made my day!!!
because i really fear of coffee and never drank coffee know i will surely try it!!!
info is helpful!!!

My blog list. What they are blogging about. ♥