Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Behind the Keyboard

I do not exactly recall what made me too busy these days but I know I am always doing something. Be it at home or at work. My job training is over. The result is not good. I am looking for another open window of opportunity. Who knows it is a blessing in disguise. In life as I always remind myself. I cannot have everything I wanted to have. Where will I put them all anyway? Uh, oh, sour grapes. 

Do not worry folks, I am still in control. I guess I just have to focus and align my ways of thinking. Oh, and I need few days of rest too. The year 2011 had been a challenging year to me since day one. I am posting this article not to entice negative feelings. This to let my readers know I share the same feeling with everyone like a normal person. This is the beauty of having learned how to blog. You have your keyboard to express what you feel.

What inspires me? I know this is familiar to you all. The poem written by Max Ehrmann. Here it goes - 

Desiderata 

Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
and remember what peace there may be in silence.

As far as possible without surrender
be on good terms with all persons.
Speak your truth quietly and clearly;
and listen to others,
even the dull and the ignorant;
they too have their story.
Avoid loud and aggressive persons,
they are vexations to the spirit.

If you compare yourself with others,
you may become vain or bitter;
for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
Keep interested in your own career, however humble;
it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.
Exercise caution in your business affairs;
for the world is full of trickery.
But let this not blind you to what virtue there is;
many persons strive for high ideals;
and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself.
Especially, do not feign affection.
Neither be cynical about love;
for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment
it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years,
gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline,
be gentle with yourself.
You are a child of the universe,
no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God,
whatever you conceive Him to be,
and whatever your labors and aspirations,
in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world.
Be cheerful.
Strive to be happy.

13 comments:

sudhi said...

Ms.jolly don't worry their might be a surprise waiting for you in future. Nice poem glad you are back.....

Unknown said...

Hi JP,

I am very that you are writing again
I always enjoy reading you posts, that's why I keep coming back,

I hope that everything is okay with you.

Harry

Armored Lady said...

im going to keep the poem...
very inspiring....thank you for sharing...miss jolly!! ^_^

ahh..life is full of challenges indeed

Unknown said...

Hi JP
Keep looking forward and thinking positively, there is always something better just around the corner although the corner may not be too obvious.

Remember step up the stairs not stare up the steps.

Keep smiling

Your friend

Luke

Jolly Princess said...

@sudhi and cLai ♥ - Thank you my dear ladies. Yes, I like that poem myself. I had shared it to several of my friends here. @Multibrand - I am alright Harry. I will start applying tomorrow. We have lots of Call Centers here but I am choosing the bigger companies. @Luke - Thank you Luke. Love that quote about the stairs. :)

jeanlivingsimple said...

Hey JP, You have the right attitude! I believe that a new and better door will open for you and for myself. I'm not all that thrilled with my current job but am grateful I have it. Unemployment is very high in my area.

beanizer_05 said...

Hey Mommy! I believe in blessings in disguise, i have experienced them many times and i know they're meant to happen.

Like what they say, "when God takes away something from your grasp, it only means He has something BEST for you to hold"

i believe it..'coz what we get is really what we deserve and-- what we deserve is never lesser than what we desire.

Ryan said...

As the great Bobby McFerrin once said 'Don't worry be happy.'

Jolly Princess said...

@Jean- I work hard yet if I cannot get what I wanted I tell myself it does not belong to me. I do not quit easily too.@beanizer_05- I am glad to read comment from my internet son. (lol) Thanks for the encouraging words Baby Batman. @Ryan- Yes, I can smile at the storm. :)

roffe said...

Sorry, long time since I've been here.. I hopy you got new opportunities.. I've changed my job three times in two year..Here in Norway its easy to get a new job or start one by yourself.. I cross my fingers for you..

Jolly Princess said...

@roffe- Thank you my friend. It is always nice to see your smiling face around WWW despite your hectic schedule. No need to say sorry. I know how it is to be busy.

Anonymous said...

strive to be happy.... and happiness comes from within...

Jolly Princess said...

@Anonymous- Very true. Happiness comes from within. Our way of thinking counts a lot!:)

My blog list. What they are blogging about. ♥