Pages

Saturday, January 09, 2010

Life in a Call Center



We are getting less call these days except for Mondays and Fridays. The trainers are busy feeding us with new updates both on the policies and procedures, and functionalities of the new computer system we are using. Ah! Information overload! The new computer system was introduced to Manila Philippines site early last year. It was sort of trial run for at least six months until all of us were trained for the new system. Mind you, the first time I used the new system after two weeks of training. I was exerting much effort navigating it rather than paying attention to the ear splitting voice of the customer disputing a high bill. Thanks goodness the mute button was invented.

My real world at work starts just when everyone is safely home with their families. For those who do not have a family at least they are home, tucked in bed unmindful of few hungry mosquitoes venturing on their soft skin. I guess my life without my cell phone is incomplete. Not only that, it serves as a good communication gadget. It is the best as alarm clock. I only need to download rock music I do not like. When the alarm goes off it puts me on my feet. Take a quick dinner, bathroom for few minutes then ready for the night duty. Oh, if you work at night you may want to equip yourself with flashlight. In case of outage it is unbecoming to use candles while waiting to get a ride. It does not look romantic that way, right?

One thing good about working at night is that, the road is free of traffic jams. The jeepney or taxi ride going to your office is faster than when you go to work at daytime. For the ladies, be careful when you are fond of applying make ups while inside a taxi. Be sure to use your eyebrow pencil on the right place where it should be. The taxi might bump into something on the road. It will be a little difficult for you to navigate your computer with one eye. The night differential pay is also a good incentive for people on night shift. And plus factor is the cooler temperature at night. No sweat!

As most clients of Philippine Call Centers are abroad, most of us in this line of industry work at nighttime. No Philippine holidays for us, we have to report for work if our work shift falls on a holiday, with of course the proper compensation. Despite the bad weather for as long as we have a way of coming to work, no excuse to be absent due to bed weather. Still want to work at a Call Center? Think about the pros and cons before you apply. Your commitment, proper work attitude is a must.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

here i am...read ur articles...u write very well...

Jolly Princess said...

Thank you for dropping my KF. ;) Have a loveday day. TC - always!

Krincess Carl said...

hi i followed your nice blog...i know i can learn many things from u...

Jolly Princess said...

Hi Karl, I followed your blog too. I just hope I did it right.:) Take care.

Pokagon Member said...

bohzo (hello)

I like reading your blog you are a very good writer, something I am trying to improve.

My blog list. What they are blogging about. ♥